Strawberry Socks are out!

It's all true:There are socks, they have strawberries on them, and you can now make a pair of your very own! Get it here on Ravelry, and expect it to turn up in my Etsy shop sooner or later (the ol' Etsy shop is long overdue for a massive re-stocking.)

As the construction is simple and so is the strawberry motif, these socks would be a good first project for someone who is new to colourwork and/or fancy socks.

And now I'm off to work on some Gnome socks, and some Clerkenwell socks, and yet another pair of socks. Oh, and NEW mittens -- wait 'til you see THEM. This is multi-tasking at its finest.

I leave you with what I'm sure will be the first of several What-I-Did-On-(one of)-My-Summer-Vacations photo-tidbits. This is the mug that haunted me in NYC each day as I enjoyed my tea at Birch Coffee: Not exactly the piece of china that one would like to be greeted by each morning after one had recently heard the story of Lucy, as I had.

8 comments:

MiA said...

Really cute socks!

JelliDonut said...

They're adorable!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

The socks are awesome & the mug just rocks!

Winterhart said...

They're adorable!

To answer your twitter question about hand-dyed roving, Gnomespun, Woolie Bullie and Pigeonroof Studios are all fabulous. For batts, Corgi Hill Farm and Butterfly Girl both make excellent products.

And there's always stalking SpunkyEclectic and Three Sheeps for Abby's batts - SE is supposed to have some going up today actually :)

craftivore said...

The socks are adorable retro cute.

Adriana said...

So cute!! The socks make me crave strawberry shortcake.

Maryse said...

These socks are so cute! Could we see the inside? I'm relatively new to colorwork, so it intrigues me! You are really busy these days! Funny mug!

Beverly said...

What a haunting story. I would have the same reaction to the mug.