Mittens, rain or shine

It's cold and rainy outside and all I can think about is mittens. The more astute reader will note that this is not unusual. If you catch me at the right time I'm most likely thinking about mittens whatever the weather.

And here's the first Ribbon mitten from the yesterday, complete, as promised:Expect to see the pattern released soon as I wrangle the inlay instructions.

I think it's safe to say that I've got my Mitten Mojo back. A mitten from random concept to finished product in less than 72 hours? This bodes well for the approaching High Knitting Season!

I can't tell you how pleased I am with this one -- now to make the mate!

6 comments:

Bertha said...

Oh man, I always love your mittens but I REALLY love this one! I think it's the color combo...mmm, late 60s.

Unknown said...

Bertha: Thanks, lady! And about the colour combo -- that's what I'm getting too! I need a pair of white go-go boots.

Anonymous said...

That was funny about high knitting season approaches. You are a great designer.

Unknown said...

I just have to say that I always love your mittens - I don't often leave a comment and I don't always buy your patterns (although I do buy them often) but I just had to tell you that there is a joyfulness in what you make. The colours are always lovely, the patterns are wonderful and there is a joie de vivre in your style!

Kate said...

How pretty! I've never seen that colorwork technique, very cool. Looking forward to the pattern!

Adriana said...

Pretty!! I really want to see this bad boy in person :)